If you caught my previous post on gratitude from a few months ago, you saw I listed out a few random, everyday things I'm grateful for in my life. However, some recent turn of events prompted me to revisit the list. I realized that I wasn't being as gracious and I was allowing myself to get wound up in stress. The purpose of that list was to serve as a reminder for me and anyone else who needs it that even when things are tough, there's always a reason to smile and be thankful. I wrote that list for moments like this, when I really need to see them. Lately, everything hasn't been as peachy on my end as it once was around the time I hit publish on that post, but that's okay. I'm glad I can refer back and be comforted by those words.
SO, "what's the whole point of a part two?", you might ask. Even if you don't, I'm going to tell you anyway. I decided to do a second list so I could rework and make additions to the previous one. I figured this was a perfect time more than ever, so why not? If you're in need of encouragement or just want to take a peek at what I'm grateful for (again), keep on reading.
- I'm grateful for comfortable chairs. Idk why this was the first thing to come to mind because I'm definitely sitting on wooden stool right now.
- I'm grateful for sunshine.
- I'm grateful for my ability to speak and think coherently.
- Thankful for espresso shots and lattes.
- I'm grateful for the option to take trips. Any trip, any vacation, it's lit.
- I'm grateful for the wintertime. I seem to thrive in the cooler weather. So, yeah. This heat can gtf.
- I'm grateful for courteous strangers that hold the door open for you.
- I'm grateful for those few seconds when you lock eyes with someone in public, and you give each other a quick smirk or smile.
- I'm grateful for my little sister. She moved to a different state in April, so I definitely do miss having her around.
- I'm grateful for red wine and the people who spend time trying to perfect the taste. Y'all are truly appreciated.
- I'm forever thankful for fresh cut flowers. They can brighten u
- I'm grateful for solitude. Y'all know i'm a loner at times; I need that time to recharge.
Shedding light on simple things that I might often take for granted has been essential when it comes to keeping my perspective on life in check. I'm glad that I was able to realize when my vibes were getting low. I failed to show gratitude towards the beauty that surrounds me and losing sight of that definitely didn't help my mood. With a greater sense of awareness comes more responsibility. My faith was put to the test since I made it known that I knew no suffering lasts forever. Life said, "oh really, Lyndsey? lol ok. Well lets see." Getting knocked down and feeling defeated is a part of life, but remembering to stay gracious no matter what makes those storms a little less brutal.
peace and blessings,